This course is useful for practitioners new to immigration and legal aid work. It explores the basics of client care and focuses on file maintenance and legal aid regulations.
In particular we will cover:
- – How to introduce yourself and build a good rapport with your client from day 1.
- – File opening
- – Financial means LAA regulations
- – Completion of the legal help form
- – Taking initial instructions
- – Managing client’s expectation
- – Giving initial advice and follow up
- – Time recording, chargeable and non-chargeable work
This course will be delivered by Gabriella Bettiga, consultant immigration solicitor and chair of the Independent Funding and Costs Adjudicators at the Legal Aid Agency.
15% off to all our Mastering Immigration Law subscribers