This course explores the new LAA contract and is an excellent tool for firms who enter the legal aid world, having been awarded an immigration contract for the first time, or practitioner who want to refresh and update their knowledge.
We will cover:
- Contract main general terms
- The immigration specification
- Controlled work and licenced work
- Detention work
- Remuneration: fixed fees, hourly rate and licenced work
- Overview of general file maintenance
This course will be delivered by Gabriella Bettiga, consultant immigration solicitor and chair of the Independent Funding and Costs Adjudicators at the Legal Aid Agency.