This is a course that will equip you to understand the latest developments in EEA free movement law: this is a complex and fast moving area. Here we concentrate on the latest developments in the case law rather than on the new EEA Regs 2016.
We concentrate on:
– Issues arising in permanent residence applications
– EEA applications and section 3C leave
– The latest thinking on workers, jobseekers, and the self-sufficient
– Marriages of convenience and proxy marriages
– EEA rights of dual nationals
– Derivative rights of residence for carers of children in education and British citizen children
– Retained rights of residence
– Recourse to public funds and proportionality
– Procedures and damages
There is valuable guidance available from the Home Office EEA (PR) guidance notes.