On 15 January 2018 temporary admission was abolished and the new Immigration Bail regime came into force.
In this course we will:
- Analyse the new statutory regime for detention under Sch 10 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 2016 including the need for Home Office consent to bail
- Discover the most important aspects of the new First-tier tribunal Bail Guidance
- Look at the new First-tier tribunal Rules on Bail
- Examine the practical changes: sureties versus Financial Conditions, the likely new conditions accompanying a bail grant, more generalised electronic tagging and restrictions on study
- Consider strategies to deal with the barriers to bail including accommodation issues for higher risk offenders
- Update ourselves on all the latest case law on unlawful detention: Rule 34 and Rule 35 examinations, the new policy on children and detention, risks to the LGBTi detainees
Delegates will be provided with a set of printed materials.
15% off to all our Mastering Immigration Law subscribers