- Windrush scheme casework guidance and application form were published on 24 May 2018. The guidance confirms the much wider application of the free applications scheme, to non-Commonwealth as well as later arrivals with documentation issues, and is therefore essential reading for anyone with long term resident clients or their children facing documentation issues.
- Home Affairs Select Committee correspondence regarding detail of policy and para 322(5) refusals 24/25 May 2018 – summaries of the main points below.
- The HO has contacted 3 people who may have been removed from the UK
- The Taskforce has supported 11 people denied ‘re-entry’ back to the UK & is handling 226 enquiries
Tier 1 refusals and paragraph 322(5)
- The Immigration Minister is conducting a review into Tier 1 General Route ILR extension applications refused on grounds of paragraph 322 (5) and HMRC records
- Cases are being put on hold while the review is completed