Our training programme has been developed to offer a convenient and cost-effective solution for barristers looking to kick-start their Public Access practise. Our format is aimed at maximising training benefits but minimising impact on your court time, with a 1 day face to face session of 8hrs followed by a 4hr online course, which features video training modules.
Head of Professional Practice at the Bar Standards Board, Ewen Macleod said: “The new changes mean that clients will be able to access a broader range of Public Access barristers and can be more confident of the standard of service they will receive.”
The courses covers the following topics:
• Overarching Principles – the role of a barrister
• Permitted Work including dealing with correspondence, intermediaries and fee arrangements
• Prohibited Work including the conduct of litigation and evidence
• Regulation including Money Laundering Act 2007, POCA 2002 and Consumer Protection
• Interacting with Clients including effective communication skills
• Vulnerable Clients including the Equality Act 2010
• Case Management including file management and data security obligations
• Additional Responsibilities such as client care letters and managing complaints
We are also able to offer this as in house training. Please contact our sales team on 020 3766 3860 to discuss your in house training requirements.