The HJT Experience:
High Quality Delivery – Our Trainers are passionate about Immigration and strive to deliver training courses where delegates feel engaged and informed by the quality of their teaching.
Experienced Trainers – Our Immigration Expert trainers keep up to date with the latest changes in their respective fields to deliver training thoroughly.
Small Classes – No more than 15 people to ensure you get the most from our trainers.
Practical Training – Theory and Practical based training that can be utilised in your day-to-day work.
Our training programme has been developed to offer a convenient and cost-effective solution for barristers looking to kick-start their Public Access practise. Our format is aimed at maximising training benefits but minimising impact on your court time, with a 1 day face to face session of 8hrs followed by a 4hr online course, which features video training modules.
Head of Professional Practice at the Bar Standards Board, Ewen Macleod said: “The new changes mean that clients will be able to access a broader range of Public Access barristers and can be more confident of the standard of service they will receive.”
The courses covers the following topics:
• Overarching Principles – the role of a barrister
• Permitted Work including dealing with correspondence, intermediaries and fee arrangements
• Prohibited Work including the conduct of litigation and evidence
• Regulation including Money Laundering Act 2007, POCA 2002 and Consumer Protection
• Interacting with Clients including effective communication skills
• Vulnerable Clients including the Equality Act 2010
• Case Management including file management and data security obligations
• Additional Responsibilities such as client care letters and managing complaints
We are also able to offer this as in house training. Please contact our sales team on 07544164692 to discuss your in house training requirements.
This course will be delivered by Stacey Widdison.
Get a Course for FREE!
HJT Training now offers a free 30 minute course delivered by an expert trainer. The session is delivered via Zoom and all your fee earners can join in. You can choose any of these sessions:
- Appeals and judicial reviews in the coronavirus era: managing Directions, remote hearings, and written submissions.
- Making immigration applications to UKVI under lockdown.
- Private and family life update.
- Asylum and international protection update.
Interested in more in-house training? Choose from any of the courses listed below. We are flexible on price, charging from £60 per delegate. Our average course lasts 90-120 minutes, and features a live speaker supported by the most up-to-date information on Powerpoint slides.
The flexibility of our service means that, with our recommendations, you can have what you want, where you want, when you want, so you as our client maintain control over the training you receive.Find out More
What the participants say
I would like to thank you and Julian Build for preparing me very well for the immigration supervising caseworker exam, which I have passed with 88%. I couldn’t have done it without your support.
Bradford Law Centre & CAB
Sandra Akinbolu was very good at engaging the group and delivering the sessions materials clearly and effectively. I would highly recommend training from HJT, they are professional and always provide up to date information.
British Red Cross
HJT’s expert trainer and comprehensive training materials gave our caseworkers the best possible chance to take the OISC test. We are very grateful for HJT’s flexibility and responsiveness when it came to organising our in-house training.