REPRESENTING DEPORTATION AND DETENTION CASES BY DAVID JONES
This training course will be delivered by HJT Director David Jones, and is fully accredited for CPD by the OISC, SRA, and BAR.
The deport-first, think later approach of the Home Office means that the threshold for deportation gets ever lower and the hurdle for preventing deportation proceedings from taking effect gets ever higher. Learn from the UK’s top barristers working on these cases, who will provide practical tips on building a strong case against deportation. We cover:
- The latest thinking on out-of-country appeals
- Arguing cases inside and outside the Rules
- How to defeat deportation by showing a “compelling” case
- Strategies for getting deportation orders revoked
- Conducive to the public good cases: what to do when the Home Office won’t reveal their sources
- EEA expulsions: abuse and misuse of rights including sham marriages, deportation of long resident EEA nationals and the new statements of public interest
- Latest themes in unlawful detention challenges – including Adults at Risk decisions, delays in finding accommodation for foreign criminals
- Immigration Bail and making bail applications
Unable to attend our Deportation and Detention course? Why not subscribe to our Mastering Immigration Law Subscription?
- – 7 DAY FREE TRIAL
- – 17 MODULES COVERING EVERY ASPECT OF IMMIGRATION LAW
- – OVER 350 MCQs TO TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE
- – 40 VIDEOS RECORDED BY HJT TRAINERS AND DIRECTORS CASE LAW UPDATES
- – CASE LAW UPDATES
- – 15% DISCOUNT AS A SUBSCRIBERS
- – CPD ACCREDITED FOR OISC/SRA/BSB
A first of it’s kind online subscription service that provides you with all the essential immigration knowledge you require, you can use it as a training aid or simply as a reference tool. We cover many topics, navigating the immigration rules, EEA residence rights, Nationality applications, Appendix FM and private life applications, Deportation and removals, Points Based System and the case law interpreting it, Asylum claims and many more.
Our resource, which is regularly updated during the currency of your subscription, is presented in a user-friendly style with hundreds of Multiple Choice Questions with fully explained answers that you can use to check your understanding as you progress. Hyperlinks to every significant legal authority and Home Office policy, a selection of video presentations by our expert trainers/directors summarising the key points from each module, top tips for your everyday practice, diagrams of procedures and processes, free ebooks, online courses and the latest copy of 18th Edition Immigration Manual (released Autumn 2018) information, check out our advert video below or speak to one of our sales advisers on 020 3766 3860.