Course aims and objectives
This is a course that will equip you to understand the ways in which EEA nationals can be expelled from the United Kingdom due to for reasons of public policy and security, and due to allegations over abuse or misuse of EEA rights, and the various arguments that might be run against such decisions in the context of appeals or judicial review applications.
Increasingly EEA nationals face expulsion from the United Kingdom for reasons of public policy including allegations over abuse or misuse of EEA rights.
- The statutory powers to expel
- The current thinking on abuse of rights and sham marriages
- Deportation of EEA nationals
- The new public interest provisions in the 2016 EEA Regs
- Non-suspensive appeals and returning to present one’s case before the First-tier Tribunal
- The various arguments that might be run via appeal or judicial review