The general EUSS application deadline of 30 June 2021 has passed, but EU Settlement Scheme casework remains a vital competence for practitioners.
The scope for late applications citing “reasonable grounds” is wide, and a range of family members can still enter the EU Settlement Scheme. Meanwhile, those with pre-settled status can “upgrade” to settled status as soon as they reach 5 years’ residence rather than when their status expires, which provides ongoing work. Appeals are also beginning to reach the tribunal.
We aim to give an overview of the latest state of play, incorporating the most recent statement of changes, and covering:
- EUSS basics refresher
- Family members, including durable partners and dependent parents/adult children
- Other dependent family members and EEA family permits
- Late applications, reasonable grounds and the effect on immigration status
- Covid-19 absences and continuous residence
- The lifting of the prohibition on applications from visitors
- Suitability and triggering enforcement action – evaluating the merits of making an application
- Remedies – strategic considerations when choosing the most suitable remedy
Mastering Immigration Law Resource
- – 21 DAY FREE TRIAL
- – UPDATES OF THE LAW AS OF WHEN THEY HAPPEN, MONTHLY SUMMARY SENT DIRECTLY TO YOU, SEE MIL SUBSCRIPTION BLOG
- – 17 MODULES COVERING EVERY ASPECT OF IMMIGRATION LAW (access to 4 modules in free trial)
- – OVER 350 MCQs TO TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE
- – 40 VIDEOS RECORDED BY HJT TRAINERS AND DIRECTORS CASE LAW UPDATES
- – CASE LAW UPDATES
- – 15% DISCOUNT AS A SUBSCRIBERS
- – CPD ACCREDITED FOR OISC/SRA/BSB
A first of it’s kind online subscription service that provides you with all the essential immigration knowledge you require, you can use it as a training aid or simply as a reference tool. We cover many topics, navigating the immigration rules, EEA residence rights, Nationality applications, Appendix FM and private life applications, Deportation and removals, Points Based System and the case law interpreting it, Asylum claims and many more.
Our resource, which is regularly updated during the currency of your subscription, is presented in a user-friendly style with hundreds of Multiple Choice Questions with fully explained answers that you can use to check your understanding as you progress. Hyperlinks to every significant legal authority and Home Office policy, a selection of video presentations by our expert trainers/directors summarising the key points from each module, top tips for your everyday practice, diagrams of procedures and processes, free ebooks, online courses and the latest copy of 2021 Edition Immigration Manual (released Autumn 2021) information, check out our advert video below or speak to one of our sales advisers on 07544164692.