This is an eBook that is intended to address issues that are frequently met by lawyers representing asylum seekers.
We deal with:
- Appeals, clearly unfounded certificates and fresh claims in the international protection context
- Developments in international protection procedures
- The latest case law on protection status determination
- The detention of asylum seekers
- Some common issues that have recently arisen often in the context of asylum claims: the new visa for domestic workers who have been accepted as victims of slavery/human trafficking, and the Restricted Leave policy
This Asylum Update has been written and prepared by HJT Director Mark Symes.