The deport-first, think later approach of the Home Office means that the threshold for deportation gets ever lower and the hurdle for preventing deportation proceedings from taking effect gets ever higher. Learn from the UK’s top barristers working on these cases, who will provide practical tips on building a strong case against deportation. We cover:
- The latest thinking on out-of-country appeals
- Arguing cases inside and outside the Rules
- How to defeat deportation by showing a “compelling” case
- Strategies for getting deportation orders revoked
- Conducive to the public good cases: what to do when the Home Office won’t reveal their sources
- EEA expulsions: abuse and misuse of rights including sham marriages, deportation of long resident EEA nationals and the new statements of public interest
This course will be delivered by HJT Training Director, and Garden Court Tenant, David Jones.